Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer III join our team.
- This position will be part of a software development engineering team responsible for analyzing, testing, implementing, and documenting new and existing processes.
- Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Provisions single customer account using different care tools.
- Analyzes fall out for single or multiple customer accounts.
- Understand the activation flow and be able to help resolve complex activation issues reported by field technicians.
- Understand Splunk and be able to pull logs and provide volumes for failures.
- Write queries and analyses data obtained from the queries.
- Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources.
- Participates in reviews for new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and effectiveness.
- Evaluate new products, to understand how they will be supported in the provisioning system.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding provisioning.
- Serves in on-call rotation to support high priority customer provisioning issues outside of normal working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Cable Industry experience.
- At least three (3) years of SQL experience, writing queries using multiple source.
- At least three (3) years analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances.
- Knowledge in DOCSIS and Packet Cable provisioning.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Previous experience working with provisioning systems.
- Being able to understand XML and Splunk.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.