Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer (Voice/Data) to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3, you will be designing and testing network solutions supporting our Wide Area Network.
- Typical technologies include IP routing, switching, load balancing, Wide-Area Network (WAN) access, Voice over IP, and wireless technologies across a variety of network platforms.
- The scope of your role will include developing and implementing new designs, adapting existing designs to meet new requirements, evaluating new software and hardware revisions and supporting deployment teams, particularly for complex branch deployments.
- Designing, developing and modifying elements of our technology.
- Evaluating elements of our technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and making recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- Implementing, operating and maintaining elements of our technology.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for elements of our technology.
- Listening to and evaluating WAN Solutions’ customer needs to determine expectations and needs and provide solutions that align with them.
- Protecting our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; following security policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 5+ years’ of Network Engineering experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in Voice over IP technologies in design, implementation and support capacities.
- Previous experience with QoS design, SIP & RTP Protocols, and Voice Codecs.
- Understanding of key voice quality metrics including delay, jitter, and packet loss.
- Must have proven experience in routing and switching in large complex networks.
- Must have recent network design experience or strong network configuration experience.
- Previous experience configuring/administering LAN/WAN/MAN communications and network hardware such as routers, switches, VPN and firewalls.
- Previous experience testing and analyzing software releases impact to network security.
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive coaching and development at all levels.
- Established teamwork and leadership skills needed to participate in and coordinate a variety of efforts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly write process, analysis, and solution documentation.
- Proven ability to accurately interpret, document, and deliver customer requirements.
- Ability to successfully communicate technical details to a wide variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) experience.
- Previous experience with cloud based Unified Communications environments.
- Previous experience with VoIP in a WAN branch environment.
- CCNA and/or CCNP certifications with Collaboration.
- CCDA and/or CCDP certifications with Collaboration.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.