Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.
- You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.
- As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
- You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
- You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- As an Engineer 3 on the IT Car Sales team, you will be responsible for leading the development of applications to solve business, engineering, and scientific problems as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions.
- You should have experience with hands-on development.
- This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests and refactoring to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
- You will innovate and collaborate on technological strategies working with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems that improve business outcomes and increase staff productivity.
- You will participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile like methodology).
- You must be able to understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of Java based software development experience.
- Proven experience working with AWS.
- Proven experience with Web Services (REST, JSON, AJAX, and XML).
- Proven experience creating and implementing SQL.
- Proven Experience with 3-tier web application development technologies: Struts 2, Spring Framework (Spring Core, Spring MVC), Hibernate, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 development practices with a focus on Java.
- Proven experience with version control tools including: Git / BitBucket.
- Proven experience with industry standard build tools.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE and spring-batch.
- Experience with utilizing and implementing the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Clover, Stash, etc.).
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit.
- Proponent of DevOps methodologies with experience in continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to drive business partners strategically.
- Experience with open source frameworks and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, and jQuery.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- High energy and personal drive.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Experience writing Java Servlets, and custom JSPs using Java 7 or 8.
- Experience building using Maven.
- Experience with development of Virtual Services, and Test Automation tools.
- Experience working directly with software and service providers in the automotive industry. Examples include Cox, CarFax, MaximTrak, RouteOne, etc.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.