Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- As a key leader on our development team, you will work with different elements of technology.
- You will be required to understand advanced methods and theories, and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.
- We will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
- You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and Engineer 3’s, recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
- You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- Significant individual contributor performing both application design and coding.
- Collaborate with our Software Architects/E3’s to design system and/or application enhancements.
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor and code software applications according to specifications provided by our Software Architects.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving complex software application problems.
- Develop and maintain automated unit tests that improves software quality.
- Participate and lead in design and code review.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects.
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department.
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints.
- Identify issues and escalate risks to senior leadership, if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- 3 or more years of programming experience using Java.
- 3 or more years of experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- 3 or more years of experience creating and implementing SQL.
- 3 or more years of experience with Web Services.
- 3 or more years of experience with HTML & CSS.
- 1 or more years of experience programming in Angular.
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns.
- Must have knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Experience with SOAP and REST web services.
- Must have proven experience in Unix operating systems.
- Must have a deep understanding with configuring WebLogic servers.
- Must have proven experience with Microsoft Office desktop applications software.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate across various IT teams and Business stakeholders.
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate superb relationship management skills, specifically around managing conflict and resistance to change, and the ability to create a collaborative atmosphere and be viewed as a partner.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Experience with Struts or Spring MVC framework.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred).
- Experience with Oracle database environment.
- Experience with Tomcat server configuration.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.