Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.
- You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.
- As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
- You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
- You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- As a key leader within our development team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the backend database.
- We will rely on your leadership and innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and company level technologies.
- You will be part of a team, which is responsible for all phases of an agile-like software development lifecycle.
- Individual contributor performing both application design and coding.
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications according to specifications provided by our Software Architects.
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolving complex software application problems within an SOA environment.
- Develop and maintain automated unit tests that improves software quality.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects.
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department.
- Identify issues and escalate risks to project leadership, if necessary.
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints.
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning.
- Maintains documentation on application modifications and updates.
- Leads migration of applications to quality assurance and/or production environment.
- Maintains established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- Participate in support activities and on-call rotation.
- Participate in IT security and compliance remediation activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 5+ years’ experience with Java development.
- 3+ years’ experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Must possess a good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
- 3+ years’ experience in front end technologies such as Angular, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Java Script.
- 2+ years’ experience with Web Services.
- 3+ years’ experience with version control tools such as Git/BitBucket.
- 1+ years’ experience with an application server such as Tomcat.
- 3+ years’ experience creating and implementing SQL using a relational database.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Unix operating system.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Must possess leadership skills in a team environment.
- Experience in Agile methodology using JIRA.
- Experience in Angular.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience in AWS.
- Experience with ESB technology.
- Experience with container-based deployment architectures.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.