Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- Engineer 3, Java that is responsible for designing and developing prototypes as well as performing complicated application coding and programming.
- This position interprets end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
- The Senior Software Engineer also analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints.
- In addition, this position performs unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts.
- The Senior Software Engineer may provide instruction, guidance and mentoring to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of Java & J2EE (including JSP, EJB, JDBC, SQL, XML, HTML and associated technologies) and the use of those technologies in n-tier development environments.
- Extensive knowledge is also expected in object-oriented application development principles, theories, and concepts using J2EE specific design patterns and usage.
- Highly experienced with MVC Frameworks (Struts 1/2 and/or Spring MVC), Hibernate, Spring, Eclipse, JUnit, and Log4j.
- Highly experienced with build scripts (Ant and Gradle are a plus).
- Highly experienced with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers.
- Knowledge of Unix operating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle database environment.
- Highly experienced with the use of version control systems for code management (Git is a plus).
- Highly experienced with UML diagramming.
- Highly experienced with front end designing including prototypes and templates.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Accounting background is a plus but is not required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financials is a plus but not required.
- Experience with the Mulesoft Mule ESB is a plus but not required.
- Experience with an Agile/Kanban/Scrum development process is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of SOA is preferred.
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset is a plus but not required.
- Working experience with front end tools such as JQUERY and AngularJS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various IT teams.
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to judge between what is requested and what is feasible given the parameters of the technology and the project and be able to demonstrate the ability to identify impending problems and raise and solve issues.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills which include the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and set priorities.
- Excellent personal management skills emphasizing time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent meeting participation and facilitation skills; including the ability to keep meetings focused, manage conflict, and summarize meeting highlights and tasks.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.