Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3, you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.
- You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.
- As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
- You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
- You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- In this role you will be responsible for working with Project Managers and Software Engineers to implement new functionality and modifications, meeting all development, PII and PCI security standards.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- You will analyze, design, develop, test, maintain, document and install standalone and client/server software applications using Java, JUnit, and Oracle.
- You will lead the team through continuous innovation and mentor less senior team members along the way.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements.
- Resolve problems that arise with existing production applications in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components.
- Participate in acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met.
- Migrate applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment, or perform quality assurance as necessary.
- Work with Managers and team members to develop to development standards.
- Have minimal return work as a result of misunderstanding assigned tasks, communicating with users, and exercising appropriate judgment between what is requested and what is feasible.
- Mentor less senior team members to assist with employee development.
- Stay abreast of current technologies and lead the team through both process and technology innovation.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field required.
- 5+ years of Java application development experience.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows/Unix operating systems.
- Proficient with web services & service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience with Java open source frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, XML Beans, and/or Jakarta Commons.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience with Maven and/or Git.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle database server.
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and/or a similar tool.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockit, and/or EasyMock.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.