Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3 you will design, develop and modify many different elements of technology.
- You will be required to understand advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy.
- As an Engineer 3, we will be looking to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner within and outside of your department.
- You will be leading implementations and providing viable recommendations for implementing new solutions.
- You will be providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensuring deadlines are met.
- Daily activities will include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality and integration.
- You will also be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
- As an Engineer 3, Software (Java) you will be a member of the Pricing Maintenance team that designs, develop, supports the pricing applications that have made us the industry leader rental transportation services. The scope of this role will include the development and maintenance on the Pricing applications along with supporting the Odyssey pricing forms, various syncs, and SQL batch jobs.
- The Pricing Maintenance team has a new project where a new service/application will be built to streamline rate maintenance.
- As an Engineer 3, you will be the technical lead for the buildout and support of the new product.
- As an Engineer 3, you will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential by mentoring newer team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Use Java Related Technologies – Spring Framework, REST web services to create new solutions for rate changes.
- Monitor batch automation and implement process improvements.
- Recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service, and ensures optimal performance of the environment.
- Understand Pro C to assist with evolving and supporting existing Odyssey Pricing forms.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of Java development experience.
- 1+ year of experience with SQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Experience with CSS and HTML.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with Tomcat or Weblogic Middleware.
- Experience with source control management (BitBucket,GIT, or SVN experience preferred).
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA.
- Experience with Spring framework or similar.
- Leadership skills in a team environment.
- Experience with basic UNIX commands.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.