Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 3 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent the department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As an Engineer 3, you will have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential by mentoring team members on tasks and assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience working with large datasets and complex data environments, processes, and associated solutions.
- Extensive experience writing and tuning complex SQLs, and the ability to analyze and make recommendations on results.
- Lead other team members on the definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes surrounding their deliverables.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business representatives.
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Must have experience in full lifecycle development and end-to-end testing.
- 3+ years of experience developing software applications using Java or other object oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies (Kinesis, Storm, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, or other Public Cloud environments.
- Experience with HBase or other No SQL DBMSs.
- Experience with Revenue Management concepts and business discipline.
- Experience with Spring.
- Experience with Git/Jenkins for configuration management and software build/deployments.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.