Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team.
- As a senior data engineer, you will be focused on maintaining and implementing an array of data synchronization efforts across numerous systems both on-premises and in the cloud.
- You will coordinate with our data architects, product management, and IT management to ensure that our data pipelines for both internal operations and customer reporting are accurate, scalable, and secure.
Development of ETL Processes:
- Use a mix of SQL Server Integrations Services (SSIS), T-SQL, and PowerShell to ingest and transform data.
- Maintain and expand our Azure data warehouse.
- Propagate data across and between microservices’ individual storage structures.
- Recommend efficiency increases in data transfer frequency, velocity, and reliability.
Enforcing Data Governance:
- Using master data approaches- merge and purge duplicate and/or erroneous data.
- Propagate accurate data back out to line of business systems.
- Maintain data cataloging and documentation in compliance with governance policies.
- Write reconciliations to monitor data quality.
- Ensure ETL processes have adequate logging.
- Assist administrators with production issues.
- Write and maintain processes to schedule the execution of ETL tasks.
- Profile source data to help find, and assist in fixing, data quality issues.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with multi-terabyte database systems.
- Experience with data migration.
- Experience in automation using coding/scripting languages.
- Knowledgeable on massive parallel processing warehouses (Teradata, Redshift, Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse/Azure Data Warehouse).
- Significant experience with high frequency differential ETL processes.
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Significant experience with operational monitoring of data health and data migration processes.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and source control.
- Understanding of how to handle loading of different dimension types including type 2 slowly changing.
- Handling of late arriving data and data from eventually consistent systems.
- Incorporation of data from relational, flat-file, API, and No-SQL sources.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.