Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer Services Developer to join our team.
- Implementing an enterprise data exchange that leverages data as a service for acquiring, securing, cataloging, processing, and analyzing of internal and external data sets.
- This new role will have the opportunity to shape the product strategy, vision and portfolio of our data exchange platform.
- Once joining the team you will become a member of a fast-paced engineering team focused on designing and implementing large-scale distributed data processing systems using cutting edge cloud based, open source and proprietary big data technologies.
- In this role, you will implement a variety of solutions to ingest data into, process data within, and expose data from the data exchange platform.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners and team members in the areas of functionality, architecture, operating systems and databases for complex application systems.
- Develop data platform components in a cloud and on-premises environments to ingest data and events from cloud and on-premises environments as well as third parties.
- Build automated pipelines and data services to validate, catalog, aggregate and transform ingested data.
- Build automated data delivery pipelines and services to integrate data from the data lake to internal and external consuming applications and services.
- Build and deliver deployment and monitoring capabilities consistent with DevOps models.
- Works with architects in transforming high level architecture designs and assists in technical delivery of large scale enterprise projects to implement optimized end-to-end solutions.
- Develop low-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications to promote a solid core application that can be re-used across projects.
- Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues and new build deployments.
- Ensures code quality, performs code reviews, and mentors development team members.
- Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
- Must be available to meet schedules of global operation by being available for off hour meetings.
- Must be able to travel if necessary.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- 7+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
- 7+ years of experience of Java (J2EE) technologies, Sun JDK, Node.js and open source frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, SQL, JSON, and Excel.
- Solid knowledge of AIX/Linux, Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS.
- Relational database experience- MySQL, Oracle, SOLR, NoSQL – Postgres, Mongo DB and Hive.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration environment such as Jenkins, CruiseControl, Continuum, Travis, etc…
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development processes and tooling such as JUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, or Protractor.
- Knowledge of DevOps-style deployment tools such as Docker, Ansible, or Vagrant.
- Experience in working with the Agile environments (i.e., Scrum and Kanban).
- Experience in dealing with the performance tuning for very large-scale apps.
- Experience in writing jobs using open source cluster computing frameworks like Spark.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Expert knowledge of structured and object oriented programming, relational database design, ORM tools, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within an Agile team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours with users in different time zones.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Master’s degree and/or LOMA certification.
- 5+ years’ experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Experience with rules engine technologies.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.