Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a ServiceNow Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- The IT Serivce Management team is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting Service-Now platform activities.
- You will examine development requests and then design, develop, document and implement based on established processes and standards.
- In addition, you will be responsible for enhancements and updates to existing solutions and identifying other opportunities in the environment.
- Modifies medium to complex code and develops medium to complex application code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology.
- Schedules and presents own code specifications and programming logic at code reviews as well as contributing to others’ code reviews.
- Performs local development builds, application integration builds and code merges.
- Tests and fixes own defects and other low to highly complex defects; Develops unit tests and test scripts
- Migrates applications to quality assurance and/or production environment.
- Analyzes and reviews software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Uses knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide-range of moderately complex issues in creative and cost effective ways.
- Focus on operational and tactical activities.
- Participates and assists project teams with project planning.
- Escalates complex issues; resolves moderately complex issues; recommends potential solutions to issues; follows established escalation procedures.
- Makes recommendations for new departmental procedures.
- Prepares and delivers informal and formal presentations within the department.
- Maintains documentation on application modifications and updates.
- Rotate shifts for being on-call.
- Monitors application logs and status; takes appropriate action based on status.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years of software, development experience.
- 2+ years of ServiceNow Platform Development experience.
- API Scripting experience using Web Services (Rest, SOAP).
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Shell Scripting (SSH, PowerShell)
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.