Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
- We are looking for a Senior level Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team, helping us to improve and scale our existing architecture and systems.
- This position will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- You are excited and passionate about new and emerging technologies in web and software development.
- You take responsibility for code quality and proliferate best practices across the development team through code reviews and testing.
- You seek out and advocate for architectural improvements to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- You strive to automate all processes and focus on scale.
- You are a natural collaborator and work with team members and product owners to deliver quality features.
- You believe in continuous delivery and iterating on code and features.
- You are interested in using analytics to derive insights through software.
- You are able to manage your own time and are hungry to contribute and learn.
- You are excited to work at a growing company and make an impact through food transparency.
About you in the role:
- Go-to expert in one area of the codebase; understands the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large.
- Takes initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
- Identifies and proactively tackles technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant up-front work to resolve.
- Sets direction at the project/service level and consistently influences decision-making at the Pillar level.
- Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical, and product needs and leads to solutions that take all of these needs into account.
- Identifies and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
Understands and evangelizes our development philosophies:
- Distributed Systems, SaaS
- Domain Driven Design
- Event-Based Architecture
- Code maintainability, SOLID Principles
- Don’t overengineer the solution
- Discuss and learn from failure
Previous experience and familiarity with our technology stack:
- Java 8, Spring Boot
- AngularJS, ReactJS
- SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis)
- Search and analytics (Apache Solr, Elasticsearch)
- AWS (EC2, RDS, SWF, S3)
- Messaging (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ)
- Integration/ETL frameworks (Apache NiFi, Spring Batch/Integration)
- Rule Systems (Drools)
- Continuous delivery (Elastic Beanstalk, CircleCI, Terraform, Ansible)
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.