Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our team.
- This PM will be working closely with the technical team and stakeholders to identify required tasks, to help manage coordination and dependencies across various resources and teams, as well as manage project communication.
- The Project Manager (PM) II position’s purpose is to direct and manage project work.
- The PM is responsible for ensuring that the Project Team completes the project within budget, on schedule and within scope, and manages the project process per the standards and guidelines of the Portfolio and Project Management Office.
- Develops project charter, budget and work breakdown structure (WBS) and other required components of the project plan (change management plan, scope management plan, cost management plan, risk management, procurement management plan, stakeholder management plan, communications management plan, quality management plan, human resource management plan).
- Identifies needed resources, negotiates use of those resources, assigns responsibilities and develops timeframes to facilitate successful completion of project activities and deliverables.
- Lends expertise to teams and task forces.
- Uses methodology to develop plans, assign roles and responsibilities; authors improvements to methodology.
Project Execution – Integration Management:
- Manages execution of project plans to support the ongoing needs of the IT department’s customers.
- Assigns work to project team and coordinates resources.
- Leads and motivates project team to meet specific deadlines while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Assure all necessary project deliverables are completed according to specification in the quality plan.
- Track actual results to plan and analyze impact to report status: take corrective action.
- Manages the stated scope and requirements assuring changes are highlighted, understood and approved by owner.
- Assess and mitigate project risks and issues; engages project team to identify and resolve problems.
Project Execution – Sponsor and Stakeholder Management:
- Create and execute project communication plan.
- Develop and communicate project goals, responsibilities, expectations, risks and feedback with all parties in a timely manner.
- Set and manage customer and stakeholder expectations specific to the project.
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and business sponsors.
- Builds working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects.
- Influences decision-making on projects; works with key stakeholders, sponsors and senior management to secure acceptance and approval of deliverables .
- Manages Project Procurements and external service providers within span of control.
- Project Execution – Financial Management
- Collaborate with Project owner to develop project budget.
- Manage project costs and forecast to budget.
- Identify and manage budget risk.
- Collaborate with Project Owner to identify and quantify impact of project changes on budget.
- Conducts lessons learned.
- Closes out any procurements.
- Ensures project papers and metrics are appropriately archived.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant experience includes leading work (or projects) in the IT industry demonstrating technical and/or business expertise; achieving resolution to complex technical or business issues and providing direction and leadership to a project team.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and analysis, negotiation, systems analysis, leadership and team building, client relationship management, process improvement, strategic planning.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Proven ability to creatively solve problems and to influence outcomes through persuasion, effective communications and relationship building.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as MS Project.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
- Ability to organize and work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-functional project teams from various departments and locations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Prior experience in a higher education technology environment.
- Prior experience in a matrix management structure in which you rely on other leaders for delivery of portions of your service.
- PMP certification
- Extensive experience using project management and various systems development methodologies including Agile techniques.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.