Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager (PMO) to join our team.
- The Senior Project Manager delivers successful business outcomes by ensuring appropriate project management rigor and effective risk, issue and change management.
- Successful outcomes may require advanced tradeoff discussions where options are evaluated and alternatives presented.
- Portfolio and project initiatives may span the organization and/or may be focused on a particular business opportunity or technology requirement.
- The successful candidate will have a proven history of successful engagements in multiple contexts and/or industries – engaging stakeholders, building team ownership, overcoming roadblocks and mastering organizational dynamics.
- The Senior Project Manager serves in partnership with projects sponsors as a primary driver for key business improvement or project initiatives, creating project plans and providing regular status updates on progress.
- Delivers business value by ensuring discipline in the project management process as well as a mature risk, issue and change management program.
- Builds and continually nurtures relationships with cross-functional associates at all levels in order to best support the needs of the business, as well as to understand any regional and/or cultural sensitivities, influences or market conditions.
- Partners with leaders and project sponsors to determine success criteria based on those determined by senior leadership as well as those that have been identified as supporting critical business outcomes.
- Maintains ongoing understanding of progress of all projects and raises awareness when variances from plan begin to emerge.
- Recommends areas of process improvement in project management methodologies that drive business value and/or increase the likelihood of success for all initiatives.
- Provides post-delivery follow-up, facilitates lessons learned and implements process improvements that aid in project delivery optimization.
- Mentors project team members to achieve business outcomes including: facilitating difficult conversations, coaching, training, evaluating and motivating.
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and applications in project management and associated business functions.
- May perform an advisory role to senior management on potential new business developments and programs.
- 10+ years of experience in project management, resource management, programming, or systems analysis.
- Highly advanced project management skills. Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope. feasibility, gain understanding, schedule resources, and manage budget to plan.
- Ability to lead, facilitate and drive to decisions with Executive Management.
- Previous experience managing large international/global projects. Effectively managed projects leading virtual teams.
- Proficient in software development methodologies.
- Highly advanced level of people management skills, demonstrating the ability to lead, mentor, and develop associates; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Highly advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Highly advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Highly advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously.
- Highly advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers.
- Highly advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received.
- MS Project
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience
- Insurance industry knowledge
- PMO and/or portfolio management experience
- PMP, FLMI, ACS, or AIAA
- Agile application development experience; Agile toolset
- Lean experience
- Application Development for Finance functional area or Finance background
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.