Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Program Manager to join our team.
- The Program Manager must be a highly motivated, strategic thinker that is a self-starter focused on providing project management and leadership in a fast-paced environment and be able to demonstrate independent work skills and strong work ethic.
- Program Managers are accountable for the success of projects, programs, or portfolios under their supervision. They should have extensive experience with planning and executing a pilot and launch for each project which meets intended business outcomes, ideally on time, on budget, and within scope according to business priorities.
- Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the PM is responsible for making appropriate tradeoffs with project teams to mitigate any issues or risks.
Strategy and Governance:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and planning skills at a strategic, global level.
- Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
- Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives.
- Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Align projects to project methodology compliance standards set by the enterprise.
- Create and maintain standards, processes and communications.
Business Relationship Management:
- Develop communication plans to interface and actively engage all business partners.
- Communicate effectively between Product Manager, Stakeholders, IT, Learning & Development, Training, Operations, Call Centers, and others as needed.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
- Work with Product Team to ensure alignment with roadmaps and stakeholder expectations.
- Define and create project plans for projects, portfolio and implementation.
- Build and manage detailed Pilot roll out plans (Purpose and goals, Scope, Timeline, Activities, Tasks, How Conducted, Tracking Needs, Tools, Resources, Training, Communication, Monitoring, Evaluation)
- Build and manage detailed Launch roll out plans (Apply Lessons Learned from Pilot, Account for Barriers, Scope, Timeline, Tasks, Training, Communication, Monitoring, Transition)
- Collaborate with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria for pilot and launch.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as encountered.
- Coordinates deployments with IT and affected Business partners.
- Work with IT counterpart to track progress on project timelines and milestones.
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiar with PMI or equivalent methodology.
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Ideal candidates should have experience as a Program Manager working on Product Development SDLC projects and programs.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Program Management/Portfolio Management role; may come from one of several backgrounds in IT management, business unit management or consulting.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.