Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Network Security Engineer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As part of the Network Engineering team, you’ll help architect, design and implement the infrastructure needed to support world-class business solutions across our global networks.
- You’ll work on modern, enterprise-class routing, switching, load balancing and firewall platforms and collaborate with peer teams to quickly deliver innovative, high-quality solutions to our customers.
- As an Engineer 2, Network Security you will contribute and lead the architecture, design, and support of our security platforms at the company.
- The team will architect and design security parameters within the next generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and other related network technologies.
- You’ll be responsible for the team’s overall success and for performance management activities associated with the individual team members.
- You’ll work closely with our Information Security Office.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+years of Network Security related engineering experience.
- 1+ years of Network Security Design experience.
- Experience with common enterprise firewall products such as Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire.
- Experience creating and maintaining standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Strong ability to work alone or in groups, managing multiple projects and finding solutions to keeping projects on track.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Experience using technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Detailed understanding of Next Generation firewalls and associated security mechanisms such as VPN and SSL/TLS.
- Experience working with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP/RMON and RDP.
- Experience with Cyber Security Standards (e.g. NIST SP 800-53, ISO 270001, etc.).
- Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management.
- Ability to analyze, use and configure large enterprise networks.
- Maintains security posture by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon.
- Experience in programing and/or scripting desired.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.