Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a MuleSoft System Administrator to join our team.
- Under general supervision and technical guidance, the person in this position is responsible for design, implementation, and administration support and other SaaS or On-Premise technology solutions.
- The administrator will be the primary point of contact for vendor escalations for products in their portfolio.
- This position’s specific portfolio is focused on the MuleSoft Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) being implemented as part of the company program.
- The administrator must possess a broad range of analytical/technical skills and experience with enterprise-class services.
- The administrator will work with a team of technical staff within the company’s IT organization and schools to ensure that the company’s IT services stay aligned with University initiatives that include research, teaching, and administrative objectives.
- MyDay is a complex, multi-year program designed to improve the company’s operational excellence and ability to make insight-driven decisions.
- Having kicked off this summer, MyDay is a once-in-a-generation program to replace the university’s core administrative IT systems (human resource, finance, and student) and improve associated business processes.
- The five-year effort will replace these systems with a single system (Workday) that will integrate all of our key administrative data in the cloud.
- Perform research, analyze technology, consult vendors, and apply best practices to design solutions by utilizing systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.
- Typically related to existing system enhancements or new implementations of lesser scale.
- Studies and develops a comprehensive understanding of assigned applications.
- Validate, test and implement new products/applications, modules/features within application, application releases and services.
- Provides consulting to end users on best practices.
- Respond to and resolve incidents escalated from operational teams and performance tuning requests utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Create and maintain documentation related to services, solutions and interfaces.
- Work with the performance support team to plan training, documentation, and communication for major projects or releases.
- Provide technical and advisory leadership as required to complete objective and be the primary point of contact for vendor escalations for products in their portfolio.
- Provide training and mentoring for other personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree plus 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Professional certification(s).
- Experience in enterprise-scale environments.
- Experience with systems analysis techniques and procedures and developing functional specifications.
- Prior systems administration/application configuration management experience.
- Experience with MuleSoft or another enterprise-scale ESB.
- High aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues.
- Effective oral and written presentation skills.
- Ability to adjust to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to work extended hours as necessary and recognize the need to do so.
- Ability to adjust scheduled time.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic company IT team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.