Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Manager – Network to join our team.
- The Network Engineering Department has an immediate opening for a Manager responsible for network design teams.
- As a Manager, you will have primary responsibility for providing guidance and direction to technical teams consisting of network engineers and architects.
- Your primary function is to field quality network designs that meet specific business requirements.
- You will be expected to manage team activities related to collecting and interpreting network requirements, applying network technologies to meeting those requirements, testing and evaluating network technologies, documenting new network designs and architectures, developing project plans, and, assisting with any design related implementation activities.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for addressing people management issues which will include training, interviewing, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
- You must be capable of working in a team environment.
- You will also be required to work irregular and extended hours, as needed, to manage the team’s network design efforts.
- 5+ years of IT Network experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with TCP/IP, routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- 2+ years’ experience working with network applications such as DHCP and DNS; LAN/WAN/MAN communications, network hardware such as routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls and load balancers; multiple network topologies.
- Must have a good understanding of factors affecting network optimization and performance; network capacity analysis and trending; network security mechanisms such as VPN and IPSEC; Internet space architectures with multiple security zones; general purpose test equipment including network sniffers and traffic generators; and use of network management systems.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the team and with your management.
- Possess good analytical skills.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing own work load and work load of others.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing environments and situations.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), F5 Viprion, and Palo Alto firewalls environments highly preferred.
- Experience with automated network environments, Ansible, Agile infrastructure project management, and Continuous Improvement/Continuous Development methodologies preferred.
- Cisco Certifications are preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.