Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Junior Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 1 you will be responsible for developing, modifying and implementing elements of technology to solve business problems.
- As an Engineer 1, you will also have the opportunity to assist in the design.
- You will work with a team to test, research and investigate technology and assist with the requirements gathering of the solutions.
- We are looking for a self-starter that will maintain established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- 1+ years of Java development experience.
- Exposure to Web Services (REST, JSON, AJAX, and XML).
- Exposure to frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience creating and implementing SQL.
- Working knowledge of Web 2.0 development practices with a focus on Java.
- Experience using a variety of agile practices, including: stand-ups, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, retrospectives and whole-team approach.
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to drive business partners strategically.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- High energy and personal drive.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Experience writing Java Servlets, and custom JSPs using Java 7 or 8.
- Exposure to AWS
- Experience to open source frameworks and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, jQuery is highly desired.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.