Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As an Engineer 2 on the IT Car Sales team, you will be responsible for leading the development of applications to solve business, engineering, and scientific problems as well as the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions.
- You should have experience with hands-on development.
- This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests and refactoring to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.
- You will innovate and collaborate on technological strategies working with a team of experienced product owners, architects, leads, developers and business resources to build highly-performing enterprise systems that improve business outcomes and increase staff productivity.
- You will participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile like methodology).
- You must be able to understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects.
- 3+ years of Java based software development experience.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, JSON, AJAX, and XML).
- Experience creating and implementing SQL.
- Experience with 3-tier web application development technologies: Struts 2, Spring Framework (Spring Core, Spring MVC), Hibernate, HTML, CSS, JQuery.
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit.
- Experience with Oracle database environment.
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns.
- Experience with source control systems (such as GIT, SVN).
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- High energy and personal drive.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum or similar development methodology.
- Experience with utilizing and implementing the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, Clover, Stash, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with using Eclipse IDE, Maven and spring-batch.
- Experience with scripting under Unix operating systems.
- Experience with development of Virtual Services, and Test Automation tools.
- Experience working with AWS.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.