Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- The Vehicle Services team is responsible for building and maintaining the services and vehicle data that comprise the fleet of cars within the company.
- The team interacts closely and supports the suite of Vehicle Management client applications that the business uses to interact during the vehicle’s lifecycle.
- The Vehicle Services teams also work closely with many different rental client teams such as tablets, kiosks, mobile applications and rental application systems to rent, track and maintain our fleet.
- In the next fiscal year, there will be several new initiatives that will focus on simplifying our vehicle solution as well as continuing to expand the mobile solutions needed to maintain our fleet.
- As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As a Software Engineer 2, you will work with the team to enforce the full lifecycle of the vehicle from the time our cars are ordered to when they are finally sold as used vehicles.
- You will be responsible for developing prototypes and performing complex application coding and programming.
- In addition, you will perform unit and integration testing and assist with developing unit test scripts as well as provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- You will also be part of “On-Call Rotation” after getting up to speed.
- 3+ years of Java-based software development experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Web Services.
- 1+ years’ experience of PL/SQL.
- 1+ years of Spring and Hibernate experience.
- Must possess a deep understanding of OO design patterns.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Proven experience in Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of management and with people with varying technical knowledge.
- Must participate in rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high demand, and challenging environment.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with REST/Soap Web Services.
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred).
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.