Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2, Software (Java) you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of the technology services and solutions supporting across Vehicle Management products including Fleet Planning & Vehicle Acquisition, Service Operations, and Remarketing business lines within the company.
- In this role you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems encompassing all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the backend database.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years of Java development experience.
- 2+ years of experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Must possess a good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
- Experience working with Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- 2+ years of experience creating and implementing SQL.
- Experience with or knowledge of web page development using HTML, CSS, JQuery, and Java Script.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Leadership skills in a team environment.
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA.
- Experience in SOA.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience with Unit Test Methodologies.
- Experience with source control management (GIT or SVN experience preferred).
- Experience in Tomcat.
- Experience in Unix operating systems.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.