Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As a member on our development team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the backend database.
- We will rely on your innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies.
- You will be part of a team, which is responsible for all phases of an agile-like software development lifecycle.
- Individual contributor performing both application design and coding.
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications according to specifications provided by our Software Architects and other experienced software engineers.
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolving complex software application problems within an SOA environment.
- Develop and maintain automated unit tests that improves software quality.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects.
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department.
- Identify issues and escalate risks to project leadership, if necessary.
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning.
- Maintains documentation on application modifications and updates.
- May participate in support activities and on-call rotation.
- Participate in IT security and compliance remediation activities.
- 3+ years’ experience with Java development.
- 2+ years’ experience using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Must possess a good understanding of OO design principles and patterns.
- 1+ years’ experience with Web Services.
- 3+ years’ experience with version control tools such as Git/BitBucket.
- 1+ years’ experience with an application server such as Tomcat.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and implementing SQL using a relational database.
- 1+ years’ experience in a Unix operating system.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Experience in Agile methodology using JIRA.
- Experience in Angular.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Experience in AWS.
- Experience with ESB technology.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.