Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- Works without immediate supervision and direction.
- Demonstrates advanced working knowledge and concepts of software development.
- Performs difficult tasks per area of focus within development as assigned by manager or director without supervision.
- Assists with implementation of the particular area of focus, following strict guidelines and SDLC processes and addresses impediments to daily work accordingly.
- Interface with functional areas to manage and estimate scope, expectations, deliverables and project budget.
- Responsible for timely achievement of milestones and project completion.
- Examine existing code, and learn the details of the architecture, build up expertise to the systems.
- Use the knowledge and expertise to design solution; guide other developers to create solutions that adhere to best practices and architectural standards.
- Trouble-shoot system, interface, deployment, and production support issues.
- Assist Business Analysts when gathering requirements, to better understand the customer needs, and help to define a more complete requirement.
- Determine and assist with implementation of job’s best practices with respect to processes and documentation to best suit the needs of the company.
- Adheres to development department policies and procedures and assists others in development with understanding and adherence to policies.
- Effectively communicates status of projects through all phases of work within the particular area of focus.
- Responsible to management for on-time delivery of project milestones.
- Education/Experience (Must meet at least two of the following criteria).
- Bachelor’s degree (desired).
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in I.S. or related field.
- Possess five or more approved certifications within job area.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive Java development experience.
- Extensive experience in working with XML and XSL.
- Must have working knowledge with RESTful, SOAP services, and message queues, such as JMS, AMQP.
- At least 3 years of working experience with ORM frameworks.
- Working experience with Spring Framework, core and other modules.
- Excellent written, analytical, problem solving and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development, 3 as mid to senior level developer.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Motivated, self-directed, results-oriented, and customer-focused.
- Clearly demonstrates talent to write code and follow best practices.
- P & C Insurance experience.
- Experience in managing distributed team members.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycles (agile, waterfall, iterative).
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.