Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- The Business Administration Solutions team supports a variety of applications that are financials related.
- The different applications supported by this team include several proprietary applications such as EAG, DIRECT COST, CMS, etc. as also PeopleSoft Financials.
- The various applications are on platforms including Java/Oracle, Microsoft/SQL Server, and the AS400.
- Many of our applications are needed to support our vast global expansion efforts as well as several legacy refactoring efforts that are on the horizon.
- As an Engineer 2 in this Department, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting moderately complex components of the systems infrastructure.
- You will evaluate and integrate software and hardware requests.
- You will also provide issue and problem resolution for moderately complex issues and performs disaster recovery exercises.
- You will be responsible for providing instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications.
- Takes a keen interest in understanding the business process and recommend solutions that effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements.
- Work with other software engineers to design interfaces between software applications to complete design requirements.
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning.
- Participate in the migration of applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment.
- Work with managers and team members to develop development standards.
- Proficient knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and development with strong knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Experience with SQL using Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server.
- Experience with UML Modeling for Design and Problem Solving (Some use of Activity Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Collaboration Diagram, Use Case Diagram, Deployment Diagram, etc.)
- Experience with IDE tools like Eclipse.
- Experience with application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, or JBOSS.
- Experience with products like Struts, Hibernate, Spring.
- Good working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business units.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Exposure to processing data in a batch environment is preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl and Groovy is preferred.
- Experience with products such as HTML, CSS, Jenkins, Angular is preferred.
- Experience with performance tuning, caching, clustering and related concepts is preferred.
- Exposure to software development lifecycle in an Agile environment is preferred.
- Exposure to the Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence is preferred.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as GitHub is preferred.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.