Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Java Developer to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2, you will support and expand the applications that enable our global car sharing operations in a way that meets our high standards of quality.
- You will sharpen your critical thinking skills by assisting with the analysis and review of software requirements and participating in design sessions.
- The scope of your role includes software design and implementation based on business requirements, fixing defects, testing and test automation, refactoring code, and code reviews.
- You will also can develop your leadership potential by mentoring less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Coordinate technical work assignments with the Business Analyst, ensuring that solutions meet the Business’ specifications.
- Translate business requirements and user stories into functional, complex and quality business logic applications using java.
- Provide detailed explanation of work needed to complete tasks and time for completion.
- Develop and unit test complex application components.
- Provide technical support for system production issues.
- Coordinate defect code tracking / fixing.
- Create or update system documentation for the solutions you support.
- Mentor and transfer, in a timely manner, technical knowledge to less senior team members.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience developing with Java.
- 2+ years of experience with web application delivery in a production environment.
- Experience with other web application development languages, platforms and concepts including: Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, REST, Tomcat, AJAX, JSP, JSTL, JSF.
- 2+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and/or MySQL databases.
- Good Working knowledge of building tools MAVEN and Gradle.
- Good working experience of writing test cases using Junit and Mockito.
- Strong background in one or more of the following version control tools: Subversion, Rational ClearCase, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Thorough knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and experience implementing RESTFUL Web Services.
- Must be familiar with implementing standard best practices (e.g. secure programming, test first development, etc.).
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and challenging environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Task management skills; ability to identify necessary steps to a solution and move an initiative to the goals.
- Professional communication skills; ability to formalize proposals, communicate the need and instruct others on the use of solutions.
- Ability to support a flexible work schedule to support our SLA’s with our customers and provide after hour and weekend support when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience developing with PHP is a plus.
- Exposure to additional and varying software development methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with object-oriented, application development principles, concepts, and object-oriented analysis and design is preferred.
- Experience developing under PCI/DSS compliant practices.
- Experience working with system monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.