Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Help Desk Specialist to join our team.
- The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing fast and friendly phone support with an emphasis on resolving the problem on initial contact.
- This support includes troubleshooting and responding to problems and/or questions on Network, PC, hardware and Firm approved software applications.
- Acts as the single point of contact for all computer related problems reported by users firm-wide.
- Becomes an expert in IQTrack, uses it effectively and promotes the use of IQTrack at all times.
- Maintains documentation on all tasks assigned.
- Assists in training new staff members on Help Desk processes and procedures.
- Takes basic outage information, when necessary, and transforms it into an understandable outage notification as necessary when Help Desk Team Lead is not available.
- Ensures support calls generated through IQTrack are updated accurately and timely.
- Provides knowledgeable on-site and off-site support to service the Firm's end users.
- Develops an understanding of the Firm's operating environment and standards, including WAN,LAN, and PC configurations.
- Becomes knowledgeable on all Firm approved software applications.
- Provides first level support on Firm approved applications and operating systems.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware issues, documents and communicates resolutions to appropriate IS personnel and end users, as applicable.
- Works with training team as subject matter experts to produce Just-In-Time training modules for both user and support audience.
- Assists the team in meeting established targets as defined by Key Performance Indicators.
- Escalates problems promptly and as appropriate per escalation matrix guidelines.
- Communicates effectively or escalates issues to other groups and management when required.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Help Desk Supervisor, Managers and IS Director.
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications:
- Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients on all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the Windows Operating System.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of MS Office suite applications.
- Ability to set and manage expectations as well as set and quickly adjust priorities.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness and desire to attend training classes to maintain and increase technical skillsets.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible concerning working hours and willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability to provide after-hours on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skill.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience on a technical Help Desk or equivalent technical school/college experience
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.