Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Department Manager to join our team.
- The successful candidate will be an integrator of people, processes and technology, a visionary thought leader, problem solver, and effective consultant who possesses a solid software design competency.
- The candidate will have experience working with software and service providers in the automotive industry.
- This individual will have a proven track record of identifying, attracting and developing strong leadership and high-performing technical talent within their organizations.
- The Department Manager will be responsible for fostering a highly creative, innovative, solutions-oriented team environment.
- Provides direction to align solution with strategic goals.
- Leads resource identification and planning to support business objectives.
- Defines forecast and expenses for area of responsibility.
- Creates a collaborative team that supports a diverse environment.
- Understands and communicates business goals and models company culture.
- Collaborates with architects—systems, software, network, and enterprise—to bring together various requirements into one solution; represents business requirements as they relate to architecture design and implementation.
- Leads the identification and documentation of core requirements; translates requirements into specific systems, applications, and process designs.
- Ensures the alignment of multiple solutions with one another as well as with business and IT tools, technologies, and goals.
- Recommends strategic solutions that reduce complexity of existing solutions and technology in the environment.
- Leadership responsibilities include career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully managing people (2 yrs. leading other managers or lead technical individual contributors) including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including good listening skills along with a strong leadership presence.
- Must have experience defining, developing, communicating, and implementing standards, processes, and procedures for the team in a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Must have experience with the development of strategic planning and forecasting for a department.
- Must have experience determining scope of work, work prep and making work assignments in a fast paced, high-performance team.
- Must have experience working directly with software and service providers in the automotive industry. Examples include Cox, CarFax, MaximTrak, RouteOne, etc.
- Must ensure compliance to and uphold security standards, processes, and procedures in all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Must manage the execution of operational, tactical, and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis, including technical support for individual tasks.
- Must provide escalation assistance; recommend potential solutions to issues; follow established escalation procedures; resolve complex issues.
- Experience working in an Agile/Iterative development lifecycle.
- Knowledge using Jira and Confluence.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred and a Master’s degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.