Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Business Solutions Architect to join our team.
- Help customers define their product vision and roadmap by leveraging your in-depth industry knowledge, interpretation of business challenges, understanding of key stakeholder needs, and deep technology expertise.
- Fulfill the vision by leading and directing the business solution design practice for new business capabilities and projects.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, AURA RSS Product Management to define the vision for the AURA RSS suite of products and services, develop a supporting business and technical roadmap and establish a plan for communicating this vision/roadmap to internal and external clients.
- Partner with the AURA customers (internal company stakeholders and external clients) and IT leadership to lead the design of new solutions, starting with defining the problem statement and progressing through the business ideation stage, all the while ensuring the overall approach has valid cost-benefit drivers, and aligns with the business e-Underwriting objectives.
- Communicate complex concepts through storyboards, prototypes and other interactive design techniques and recommend user-centric solutions; including presenting, pitching and convincing others to accept alternative approaches to the problem/solution paradigm.
- Create a framework and best practices for developing user/business centric solution recommendations and proposals.
- Serve as a Product Owner to ensure accurate interpretation of these needs throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead the effort to develop cross-divisional/LOB/geography solution strategy plans; Identify and understand stakeholder needs.
- Assess existing systems support for the business needs.
- Work with the appropriate business and IT associates to find the best solutions (across technology and process) and with the functional leads to ensure business processes make the most efficient and effective use of the technology deployed.
- Develop business objectives, delivery best practices and solution goals.
- Work with the functional leads to specify in detail how the service will be delivered, roles and responsibilities, effort, and how to measure success of the service and its contribution to supporting the business as part of translating the Business Architecture into an implementation roadmap.
- Work seamlessly across regions and functions, forming, evolving, and disbanding virtual teams; including establishment of governance structures as appropriate to achieve the objectives.
- Fosters a positive and engaged work environment.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- 15+ plus years of progressive professional experience evaluating, delivering, and/or managing complex development and/or process improvement projects in a global environment.
- 10+ years e-Underwriting business and technical experience.
- Highly advanced ability to solve unique and complex problems that have a potentially broad impact on the business. Must be a proven, innovative thinker.
- Advanced knowledge of Individual Life Insurance business.
- Highly advanced facilitation skills with the ability to lead and influence virtual teams to desired outcomes and obtain buy-in from senior leadership on deliverables.
- Strong capability to facilitate strategic road-mapping sessions and proven experience developing multi-year business and technology roadmaps.
- Expert global teaming and remote collaboration skills.
- Exceptional ability to challenge the status quo in a facilitative and collaborative way.
- Competent in Business Domain Analysis, Business Architecture Development and Business Process Modeling.
- Highly advanced persuasion skills when working with internal partners and external providers to resolve issues/problems.
- Highly advanced project management skills. Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain understanding, schedule resources, and manage budget to plan.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to convey information in a way that is meaningful and well received by stakeholders and team members.
- Highly advanced ability to adapt new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Expert skills in managing multiple projects and/or sub-teams simultaneously.
- Highly advanced ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Expert ability to work well within and provide leadership to business and technical teams.
- Expert ability to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment.
- Expert ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years professional experience in information technology.
- FLMI designation
- Proficient in software development methodologies.
- Consulting experience
- MBA and/or Master’s degree
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.