Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our team.
- The Business Analyst serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization and/or vendors to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) supported, understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities, and impacts to overall customer experience.
- Understands product development, software and customer lifecycle. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Analyze business partner’s operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Assist in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and/or vendors. Manage changes to such specifications.
- Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT and/or vendors from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Work with business partners across business function to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Assist Project Managers in development of project plans and use associated project planning tools as needed.
- Conduct gap assessments, feasibility studies to assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to business problems.
- Analyze business processes, functions, and procedures to determine most effective business systems software to meet the needs of the organization.
- Establish specifications and objectives based on business requirements and cost effectiveness; provide recommendations to management personnel.
- Collaborate with management in systems development and design.
- Develop overall test strategy to validate end state solution and facilitate user acceptance.
- Establish use cases, test plans, and coordinate testing across impacted groups.
- Closely monitor test outcomes and report findings to executive management through daily dashboards.
- Partner with the QA organization by participating in daily defect review calls, test planning and strategy sessions.
- Following QA, responsible to support UAT/beta testing activities and participate in pre-launch and post launch activities
- Act as a Product Ambassador in the field by partnering with Customer Operations to execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English; Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with small- to medium-sized groups.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with customers, staff, senior management, vendors and contractors.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills with a wiliness to get into detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Understanding of telecommunication operations, processes and billing systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to use personal computer & software applications (i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Visio, Project, Sharepoint etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience:
- 3+ years of business analysis experience preferred or related institutional knowledge of business operations and/or frontline experience necessary.
- 3+ years of project management experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to quickly identify business problems/opportunities.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Ability to define key performance indicators / metrics.
- Ability to document, prepare and present data-driven presentations.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others.
- Cross-functional management skills.
- Knowledge of process and project management.
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.