Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the Kansas City, St. Louis, Denver, and Dallas Areas.
We are currently looking for an Application Development Manager to join our team.
- Lead the implementation of a technology strategy with varying complexity and priority.
- Seek out and support new ideas or innovative approaches to department work processes.
- Involve others in decisions when appropriate to take advantage of their talents and skills.
- Partner with key stakeholders to influence project success and connect technology with measurable business value.
- Question assumptions and conventional thinking and practice to continuously improve processes.
- Actively participate in, or lead, workgroups and meetings.
- Develop a tactical plan and ensure all department responsibilities are met.
- Attract, develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff.
- Provide timely and effective coaching and feedback on staff performance and development issues.
- Serve as a resource for staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Confront problems decisively, taking timely and appropriate actions.
- Proactively ensure decisions or any other constraints affecting delivery of projects in portfolio are effectively escalated and addressed.
- Encourage and reward creativity and diversity of thought.
- And of course, performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in field related to department functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of progressive, hands on work experience and responsibility in programming / application development.
- 6+ years of relevant technical leadership experience managing software development teams.
- Experience establishing software engineering best practices including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience with .NET frameworks and other emerging computing trends.
- Ability to drive measurable results, collaboration and leadership are essential to this role.
- A self-starter with accomplished people management skills, to include organization, planning, and execution.
- Advanced customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a geographically distributed team environment.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Design (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) approach is a plus.
- Recent experience leading technical teams to deliver large, complex cloud based solutions/applications.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.