Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an UNIX Engineer to join our team.
- This position will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting solutions running on IBM AIX, Power hardware and WebLogic middleware
- The Senior Systems Engineer evaluates and integrates software and hardware requests, and also provides issue and problem resolution and performs disaster recovery exercises.
- Administration and support of backup, systems management, storage and middleware products running on UNIX will also be the responsibility of this position.
- The Senior Systems Engineer may provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Excellent knowledge of IBM AIX 7.1 along with Power hardware is essential.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic is preferred.
- Experience with PowerVM technologies, especially logical partitions (LPARs), Virtual I/O Servers (VIOS), and hardware management consoles (HMCs).
- Experience with system performance monitoring and tuning utilities.
- Experience working with SAN and network-attached storage (EMC), and common open-source software such as Apache HTTP Server.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services cloud computing is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documentation.
- Must be willing and able to quickly learn new tools, technologies, and platforms as required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
Experience with the following applications/systems is a plus:
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) and TivoliEnterprise Console (TEC).
- Administration and support of other platforms.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.