Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Test Engineer to join our team.
- As a Test Engineer, you will be supporting the primary accounting system ( PeopleSoft) , Enterprise Gateway Accounting and Vehicle Accounting applications, working closely with PeopleSoft and Administrative Systems Development teams and Corporate Accounting Business teams.
- You will assess and evaluate quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing.
- This position designs, produces, executes, and maintains software test plans and test cases.
- You will sharpen your critical thinking skills by analyzing test results, and leverage your trouble shooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and coordinate and/or conduct re-testing after defects are addressed.
- 2+ years of experience in QA/QC software testing including identifying required testing, performing analysis, and developing associated test plans.
- Experience with PeopleSoft including the month-end closing process.
- Experience with the Agile methodology and Jira.
- Strong analytic skills, troubleshooting/problem solving skills, process focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus at the strategic level to understand how the components of the application are related and at a tactical level to support the testing team.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work independently.
- Experience assessing, communicating and mitigating risk.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership for all testing efforts supported.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 2+ years of related work experience in an Accounting type of role or similar.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience using industry-standard Automation testing tools.
- Experience creating test data and validating test results against expected results.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.