Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineer technical solutions to meet corporate systems infrastructure needs and audit/compliance requirements.
- Coordinate hardware proposals and acquisitions.
- Oversee and perform equipment installation, testing and ongoing maintenance.
- Evaluate the company’s infrastructure needs and recommend, design, and implement solutions.
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to other members of the team.
- Investigate and resolve software and hardware problems of computer users.
- Work closely with IT, Development, and Development Operations management to collect and analyze systems infrastructure project requirements.
- Design, implement, upgrade, monitor, and maintain Linux based business critical systems.
- Work to provide systems and services to support corporate software solutions.
- Assist Network Engineer to complete network infrastructure project initiatives.
- Help to design and administer all corporate data backups and business continuity processes.
- Continually research technologies and trends related to corporate facility operations.
- Make strategic recommendations related to corporate data center technology.
- Consult with external resources to obtain engineering proposals, pricing, etc.
- Write and maintain documentation related to infrastructure design, operations, policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance regarding errors, problems, or questions with systems and services.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up.
- Analyze, install, and test upgrades of externally developed application programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- 8+ years related experience and/or training.
- Extensive experience with VMware ESXi required
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server required
- Experience with Red Hat Linux is required
- Experience with full LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack is required
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Directory, and DNS services is required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is desirable
- Experience with PowerShell, general scripting and process automation is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and services is desirable
- Experience with Veeam Enterprise Backup and Recovery is desirable
- Microsoft MCSE, Microsoft MCSA, and VMware certification highly desirable.
- ITIL framework certification also highly desirable.
- Any related security certifications or network infrastructure planning experience is a plus.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.