Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer – Citrix to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting components of our virtual desktop environment, including virtual desktop infrastructure, client-based Windows operating systems, and application components within the infrastructure.
- Problem management
- Continuous improvement (capacity reporting, trending, process improvement).
- Escalated engineering-level support (Tier III).
- Knowledge management
- System maintenance and patching
- Participation in on-call duties.
- Transition of support-related knowledge and documentation to other technical support teams.
- 3+ years’ experience engineering and managing Citrix infrastructures, with a focus on NetScalers.
- 3+ years’ experience engineering and managing Windows virtual desktops (Windows 7/10, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Terminal Server).
Proficiency supporting current versions of:
- Citrix NetScaler
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Citrix Provisioning server
- Windows Remote Desktop
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- Thin clients
- 3+ years’ experience with incident and problem management.
- Ability to produce clear procedural, technical, and report documentation.
- Ability to successfully communicate technical details to a wide variety of audiences, including technical and non-technical individuals.
- Proven initiative and ownership in solving problems.
- VBScript or Powershell scripting experience.
- Virtual desktop experience in an environment supporting more than 5,000 users.
- Virtual desktop experience in and environment supporting users in different geographical regions.
- Experience supporting a growing consumerized environment, with clients accessing the environment via smartphones, tablets, kiosks, etc.
- Experience with VMWare or XenServer as a virtualization platform.
- Experience with enterprise-class storage, such as EMC and NetApp.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.