Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Monitor and maintain our server systems, inclusive of hardware and software.
- Manage daily system status checks, verifying successful daily and weekly data backups, restoring data when required, and monitoring critical system availability.
- Create and maintain user accounts, e-mail accounts, phone system profiles, and user/department file shares.
- Review and analyze event logs from all servers (application, system, and security), spam filter, and backup services and act when anomalies are discovered.
- Monitor server performance, uptime and applicable services.
- Administer Server Monitoring systems to ensure problems and outages are visible and addressed in a timely manner.
- Provision servers with the Systems and Network Administrator.
- Manage the creation of servers and maintain the VMWare Environment.
- Assist with developing server standards, manage NTFS permissions, manage security compliance by updating critical patches to the ESXi environment and monitor the VMware Virtual Environment resources including CPU, Memory, and Disk Space.
- Manage the company’s backup storage system and ensure the availability and integrity of all STLCoP data.
- Manage the company’s backup software suite.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Planning, relative to Servers and Server Data.
- Perform on-call duties as required by providing timely response and appropriate support (problem ownership and/or escalation).
- Become the senior point of contact for escalated help desk issues and deliver feedback on resolved problems to the Help Desk using the Issue Trak knowledge base and/or training.
- Four-year degree in MIS, related field, or equivalent formal technical education desired.
- Two years of experience supporting client/server technologies.
- Two years of experience administering a Windows server environment.
- Experience working with server monitoring software.
- Experience with backup software (i.e. Backup Exec or VEEAM).
- Ability to act as a facilitator, team leader, and project manager.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems and schedule tasks in an environment of changing priorities and emergency situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience creating technical documentation.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional, and harmonious relationships with supervisors, team members, faculty and staff.
- Strong personal management skills emphasizing: time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate key values of: pride of ownership, sense of responsibility, strong work ethic, and willingness to expend extra effort when necessary.
- Ability to learn and keep pace with changing technologies.
- Uphold company information technology standards.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant product offerings and advances in microcomputer and network Technology.
- Occasional 50-hour weeks can be expected and a mobile phone must be worn.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.