Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a SQL DBA to join our team.
- The Database Administrator is responsible for managing the database and data dictionaries of the enterprise, troubleshooting, and system management within technical services.
- The manager is responsible for data management, system management and system programming in the enterprise’s database computing environment.
- Database management includes configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting, and the development of specialized programs.
- The manager helps coordinate software issues with other IT organizations including applications and operations.
- The Database Administrator serves as a futurist within IT, keeping the enterprise on the “cutting edge” of current database technology.
Problems and Challenges:
- The computer hardware and operating system software are the center of the enterprise’s Information Technology activities.
- It is very important to the enterprise that the database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- The Database Administrator is challenged to assist in database design, programming, troubleshooting and management of problems affecting IT and enterprise database applications, as well as developing the area for future expansion.
- Manages the data dictionary of the enterprise.
- Sets standards and controls the necessary infrastructure process associated with the database(s) of the enterprise including storage management, backup processing and retention policies.
- Sets standards for remote and mobile access of data assets.
- Manages and monitors job automation schedules for efficiency and success.
- Monitors database performance and availability with software or other means.
- Assists in troubleshooting and technical system support for the database programming group including the monitoring and reporting of group activities.
- Assists in the daily activities of the members of the database programming group.
- Provides senior technical leadership to the database design teams, database programming group, IT, and the enterprise including being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Serves as a source of documentation and standards to help direct the activities of IT as a whole.
- Works closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports on system problems and their solutions, as well as assisting in forecasts of future utilization, licensing and equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Participates with the hardware and software vendor and other vendors in the assessment of advanced transaction processing and database productions including beta and field test participation.
- Performs at or above the enterprise’s Information Technology performance standards.
- Assist in all of the activities of the database programming group including database design, data dictionary management, system management, system programming, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with the personnel of the database programming group.
- Coordinate with the activities of the database programming group and with other IT and enterprise organizations where necessary.
- Provide technical leadership to IT and the enterprise, especially on issues relating to future Information Technology modernization and/or expansion.
- This position requires contact with applications and technical support personnel from computer hardware and software companies.
- Within the enterprise, contact with the Help Desk, Applications and Infrastructure staff, and occasionally with enterprise personnel outside of IT for troubleshooting and the development of specifications.
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field.
- 3-5 years of database design and programming experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server and virtual server concepts.
- Knowledge of relational database technology, transaction processing procedures, and advanced modeling and design tools.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.