Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team.
- The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer supports an agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high quality web applications that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- The SQA Engineer will review functional requirements and user stories from product owners and stakeholders; design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications.
- The SQA Engineer will submit and verify defects, maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software, analyzes test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommends corrective action upon failures.
- Testing will include functional and non-functional, integration, regression, system, smoke and sanity testing.
- The SQA Engineer will assist in establishing an automated testing strategy as well as a process for all QA Testers within the Software Development organization.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of enterprise software testing experience.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Bamboo, TeamCity, VSTS Build, etc).
- Familiarity with continuous deployment tools (Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, VSTS Release, etc).
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, and self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast-paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs.
- Familiarity with testing practices within Agile/Scrum process.
- Experience with load, performance, and/or security testing.
- Exposure to automated web testing utilizing Selenium.
- Experience creating/maintaining automated testing frameworks.
- Design functional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality of .NET applications, including: Websites, Web APIs, Mobile applications, Console and/or desktop applications.
- Analyze user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness and decompose them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria.
- Detect, report, and track software defects.
- Use methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch.
- Apply Quality Engineering principles throughout the software development lifecycle to identify defects and design flaws.
- Collaborate with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensure the business needs are met.
- Provide expertise and guidance to SQA Analysts in regard to process and documentation of test cases as well as reporting QA trends.
Tools & Processes:
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Continuous integration
- Continuous delivery (though not 100% automated)
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.