Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a QA Architect/Automation to join our team.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of the automated testing roadmap and pipeline and to lead an enterprise wide transformation of the test automation process.
- The QA Architect is a thought leader and change agent who will provide cross platform, cross tooling automation solutions that span across delivery models (agile/DevOps at different maturities).
- Will have expertise in a broad range of solutions, tools and architectures.
- Ability to perform assessments, create proposals and lead the strategy, development and implementation of automated testing on a wide variety of projects.
- Guides a team of Quality Engineers and serves as the knowledge source for the escalation of complex automated testing for all Commercial Automobile, General Liability, Excess and Primary Workers’ Compensation systems.
- Demonstrates and mentors advanced working knowledge of automated software testing.
- Reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Analyze SUT and design automated testing strategies.
- Design and develop complex reusable modules using open source tools.
- Participate in assigned projects, establishing automation Test Cases based on requirements and project meetings.
- Oversee automation testing efforts including process design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting, task and risk management, including functional, regression, database and API testing.
- Maintain comprehensive supporting documentation of the test automation development and execution processes. This includes the ability to output testing results to a dashboard to monitor and report progress.
- Enter all supporting documentation related to the testing process into applicable TargetProcess tickets and make updates to team Wiki page.
- Establish and monitor the branching and merging strategy for an expanding team.
- Peer review the work of Quality Engineers to insure adherence to coding and framework standards. Conduct the training of new Quality Engineer personnel.
- Develop in-depth Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in areas assigned and share this knowledge with other QA members.
- As necessary, work with other SNCC employees or outside contractors to find answers to issues impacting a system environment.
- Coordinate with QA Test Leads and Delivery Managers on key areas and high priority user stories targeted for automation.
- Maintain working knowledge of departmental functions with user areas being supported by IMS Excess, IMS Primary/Large Casualty and WINS; understand key business process flows in order to test from the user perspective.
- Participate as an expert in software redesign process, assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Assist in the creation of SSRS Reports, queries and other related reports over various databases at the direction of manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in I.T. related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of working experience in I.S. or related field.
- Possess one or more approved Certifications within job area.
- Proven working experience in software development with a track record of being a difference maker.
- Strong knowledge of automated testing software and frameworks (especially Selenium).
- Expertise in the delivery of test automation solutions over various platforms and architectures.
- Proficient with Agile, DevOps (CI/CT/CD) and associated technologies.
- Strong written, analytical, problem solving and verbal communication skills, including client facing presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of Program Management processes.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, for self as well as others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Motivated, self-directed, results-oriented, and customer-focused.
- Detail oriented and possess a desire for quality.
- P & C Insurance experience a plus.
- Understanding of software development life cycles (agile, waterfall, iterative).
- Must have tact and diplomacy in maintaining cooperative relationships.
- Knowledge of TargetProcess software desirable.
- Knowledge related to SQL, SSRS, or other reporting tools is a plus.
- Understanding of the following techniques is helpful: UML (Unified Modeling Language), process flows, use cases, and Systems Development Life Cycle.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.