Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Oracle DBA to join our team.
Required: Active Secret Security Clearance
- Seeking an Oracle Database Administrator who possesses experience with Oracle 12c to ensure efficient operation of a multi-computer site that supports database administration, replication, analysis, report production, and system development to work in the O’Fallon, IL area.
- The Oracle DBA will perform backups and recoveries, and work with users to resolve database questions or problems.
- A United States Citizenship and an active Secret DoD Security Clearance is required to be considered for this position.
- Monitors database health manually and automatically by using SQL and shell scripts and by employing Oracle and third-party GUI tools, such as Oracle Enterprise Manager, Toad for Oracle. Also configures databases to comply with industry security guidance and patching.
- Performs server hardware sizing such as disks, memory, processes and environment setup prior to installing DBMS software.
- Provides guidance to the field for upgrade installations, performs upgrades, and conducts performance tuning.
- Develops and implements SQL scripts for various aspects of the database such as startup and shutdown, performance monitoring, notifications, and task automations.
- Installs, configures, and maintains replication applications such Oracle Golden Gate for Oracle and Oracle Data Guard for replication of the database to other sites.
- Other support duties as needed/directed.
- Current experience with Oracle in Windows, Solaris and/or Red Hat Enterprise LINUX v6.0/7.0 environments.
- Previous DoD information technology experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Bachelors of science degree (or similar technical field) and 6 years related professional experience; a high school diploma with 10 years related experience or a commensurate combination of education, training and experience.
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ with CE).
- Active Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Must be a US Citizen and pass a background check.
- Maintain applicable security clearance(s) at the level required by the client and/or applicable certification(s) as requested by the company and/or required by the company’s Client(s)/Customer(s)/Prime contractor(s).
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.