Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Oracle DBA to join our team.
- This St. Louis based position will focus on designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting production databases and data dictionaries in compliance with application specifications.
- Additionally, this position will monitor daily database activities including performance, growth, tuning, and security configurations.
- Minimum of three years Oracle database administration experience in a fast-moving production environment.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL tuning and optimization of query plans.
- Experience implementing and maintaining database backup and recovery strategies with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Experience monitoring daily database activities, tuning configurations for optimal performance, and allocating disk storage space as needed.
- Proven ability to create and maintain UNIX scripts.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation and perform night and weekend maintenance.
- Willing to quickly learn new technologies, platforms, and applications.
Other Qualifications Include:
- Experience with ASM is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including documentation.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and other relational databases is a plus.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.