Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Admin Specialist to join our team.
- Provides technical expertise in the management of a public and/or private network; installs, supports and/or maintains local (LAN) and/or wide area network (WAN).
- Perform technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
- Tests and analyzes network facilities including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems adapters and servers. +5 years of experience.
- Provides technical expertise in the management of the company voice and data network.
- Installs, supports and/or maintains LAN, WAN, wireless networks, and voice systems.
- Interfaces with telecommunications carriers to provision, install, and troubleshoot circuits.
- Maintains network management tools and systems to detect, isolate, and troubleshoot outages.
- Configures and deploys network and voice hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless equipment, PBX, and voicemail systems
- Technical Proficiency – Extensive experience with Cisco LAN, WAN, NAC, VoIP, and wireless technologies including routing, switching, routing protocols, network hardware, network management, network security, QOS, and packet capture analysis. Has deep knowledge of all layers of the OSI model and strong design skills. Has strong understanding of carrier network technologies deployed in complex WAN environments.
- Analytical Abilities – Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyze & resolve cross-platform problems or to develop problem-solving techniques, tools & instruction for new or complex technologies.
- Business Knowledge – Strong understanding of how supported technologies are used in the business operations, consistently uses this knowledge effectively in daily support and handling unusual/critical issues.
- Communication skills – Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience; demonstrates effective listening skills; regularly handles difficult customers or situations effectively requiring sensitivity and diplomacy; able to escalate outages effectively to network carriers and triage until resolution.
- Independence – Often works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
- Administration – Handles a wide range of administrative tasks effectively while managing an overall task workload that may include technical activities.
- Strong phone usage and phone communications skills.
- Microsoft DHCP and DNS administration.
- Familiarity with network management tools (SNMP, Netflow, etc.) such as HP Openview, Cisco Prime, SevOne.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.