Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Manager – VMware to join our team.
- As the Manager – x86 Services, you will be responsible for managing the execution of product development strategies as defined by Product Management, in addition to interfacing with Operations Management to ensure VMware, Cisco, EMC, and VCE support strategies are streamlined and seamless.
- You will be responsible for determining time and resources needed to complete assignments, and will assist team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects where needed.
- You will also be responsible for vendor management, and people management activities, including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews.
- As a manager, you must have strong communication and planning skills to be able to effectively manage resource responsibilities across projects that span multiple business units.
- Also, you will be responsible for implementing changes to improve the overall effectiveness of the team, along with enforcing quality standards for products and services.
- Lastly, you will be responsible for ensuring that service levels are being met and will lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing an IT staff, which included selecting and developing strong performers, and conducting performance and salary reviews.
- Previous experience with VMware technologies such as vCloud Director, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, etc.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate after-hours response to incident-related managerial escalations when necessary.
- Must be able to travel between St. Louis campuses.
- Must have strong team work qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with internal cloud customers, peers, vendors, senior management, and other departments within IT.
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Must have proven experience in working and communicating effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Previous experience working as a VMware administrator or engineer.
- Previous experience working in an agile-based development organization, including extensive use of JIRA (or similar products) for project, issue, and Sprint tracking.
- Previous experience with open source and enterprise-grade orchestration tools such as ServiceNow.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.