Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Lead Remedy Engineer to join our team.
- The Lead Development Engineer is critical to the operations support of key trouble ticketing applications within the organization, and will take a primary role in the creation and modification of trouble ticketing solutions by designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining these applications and local customizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing operations support; maintenance of applications, capacity monitoring on existing servers, performance tuning, and writing scripts.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality; design and implement scalable, lasting solutions.
- Work closely with Director of OSS Ticketing Solutions, Development Manager, development teams, and other interfacing groups to set strategies and provide smooth execution of projects.
- Training and mentoring Engineers on the team.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide suggestions and solutions for server applications.
- Support of 24×7 operations team by accepting periodic on call rotation assignments.
- Execution of software deployment into production systems during maintenance windows, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university; or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of application development experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of enterprise application support in a Linux environment, including strong troubleshooting and root cause investigation capabilities.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with BMC Remedy application structure in a Linux environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Experience working with third-party APIs and integrations; Netcool, Splunk, Remedy, etc.
- Experience supporting users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Experience recommending system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Experience integrating applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Strong understanding of IP networking, database support systems in a variety of database languages, including performance tuning techniques.
- Strong understanding of enterprise application integration capabilities, data sources, and OSS application lifecycle.
- Two (2) years of performing within a technical leadership capacity.
- Five (5) years of development operations experience within an MSO or telecom environment.
- At least 3 of the following certifications (or equivalent): ITIL Version 2 Practioner Certification, Linux System Administrator, Perl or preferred scripting language.
- Advanced Java
- Apache Tomcat 8.x or higher certification
- Any course from Remedy Service Management Suite Courses (see http://www.bmc.com/education/courses/edu-lp-remedy-service-mgmt-training.html#accordion-bdaf175b-9662-466b-8936-763facbb9822)
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.