Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
- Design, implement and maintain medium sized projects and/or technology initiatives to ensure timely and cost effective flow of information to stakeholders.
- Provides technical collaboration within a team of developers throughout the entire application life cycle: planning, designing, programming, testing and implementing existing and/or new systems.
- Assist, support and train team members.
- Develop customer relationships and serve as the point of contact for user support.
- Works with architects in transforming high-level architecture designs and assists in technical delivery of large-scale enterprise projects to implement optimized end-to-end solutions.
- Mentor developers in the use of agile techniques such as Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Simple Design.
- Analyze existing systems and architectures for improvement recommendations.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues and new build deployments.
- Ensures code quality, performs code reviews, and mentors development team.
- Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Design and develop software for new functionality, improvements and system longevity.
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Provide training and guidance to team members and users as required.
- Must be available to meet schedules of global operation by being available for off hour meetings.
- Must be able to travel if necessary.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree and/or LOMA certification
- Oracle Certification
Required Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in programming/systems analysis.
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies: HTTP, SSL/TLS, REST, SQL, JSON, and Excel.
- Knowledge of JVM languages such as Java, Groovy and Scala.
- Knowledge of servlet containers such as Apache Tomcat or Jetty.
- Knowledge of REST frameworks such as Jersey or Restify.
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps development processes.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development processes and tooling such as JUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, or Protractor.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration environment such as Jenkins, CruiseControl, Continuum, Travis, etc…
- Knowledge of DevOps-style deployment tools such as Docker, Ansible, or Vagrant.
- Knowledge of Cucumber, Fitnesse or similar testing frameworks for automated functional testing.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to lead.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into systems’ design and technical solutions.
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming, design patterns, relational database design, operating systems, networking concepts, and systems integration.
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well within an Agile team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours with users in different time zones.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects.
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- General business knowledge.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years of experience in programming/systems analysis.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.