Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Engineer 2, Java to join our team.
- As a member of the IT Risk Management team, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of solutions that support the Risk Management division of the company.
- Risk Management is responsible for overseeing and controlling risks related to all aspects of the business.
- The application suite includes operational products used to process and manage claims, as well as reporting solutions for business analysis and monitoring.
- The team serves an ever-growing need to leverage technological solutions for more efficient and cost effective processes that allow business leaders to make decisions in a dynamic environment.
As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- As an Engineer 2, Software in IT Risk Management you will be responsible for interpreting end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
- You will analyze software requirements to determine feasibility and estimates of a design and implementation.
- You will perform unit and integration testing and assist with developing unit test scripts.
- You will also define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures.
- You will be responsible for making enhancements and performing maintenance on existing applications, but also have the opportunity for new development.
- The right individual will possess the ability to quickly understand the business challenges, but most importantly, this person will translate these challenges into operational products to address the issues head on.
- Web Services
- Full Stack Development
- 3 + years of experience in Java & J2EE.
- 2+ years of experience in an Oracle database environment and SQL.
- 2+ years of experience with Spring, Hibernate, and Struts.
- 1+ years of experience with Tomcat application servers and Web Services.
- 1+ years of experience using Maven and Jenkins.
- 1+ years of experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Java & J2EE.
- Knowledge and working experience with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Internal Private Cloud Environments.
- Experience with the configuration and setup of J2EE application servers.
- Proficient knowledge Dev Ops tool and best practices.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.