Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our team.
- This role within the IT Security team will provide information security support and hands on guidance for information security operations related initiatives.
- This position will also be a technical SME for the Information Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance program.
- Ensures security infrastructure processes, concepts, and maintenance are incorporated into systems, software, and hardware platforms in accordance· with approved internal standards.
- Provides technical input to projects along with implementation support to network services and infrastructure design teams.
- Performs maintenance of security infrastructure to include updates and patching of software and hardware.
- Maintains a comprehensive and in depth, component level understanding of all IT systems, data flows, applications, technologies, security controls, threats, weaknesses and countermeasures.
- Maintains a corresponding understanding of standards (i.e., Payment Card Industry, HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, GDPR, and all applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Supports information security governance, risk management and compliance programs which include security assessments and on-site reviews, security gap remediation, security incident· support, audit support functions, business process and project consultancy and security education and awareness.
- Be a member of the information security incident response team to include detecting, responding and containing internal and external cyber-attacks across the enterprise and complex security and internal fraud investigations. Ensures activities are recorded for postmortems, compliance· and/or legal· evidence.
- Design and develop secure IT solutions and control frameworks using network segmentation, gateway security, specialist security tools (including but not limited to, event monitoring, data loss, vulnerability and malware protection, app firewall).
- Research, evaluate and recommend information security hardware and software, and creates business cases for security investments.
- Stay abreast of new threat trends, vulnerabilities, and attack and defense methodologies.
- Participates in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation· when necessary.
- Work closely with the Director of Security Operations, Information Security Governance Risk and Compliance team, enterprise architecture, solution delivery, infrastructure, external partners and operations teams.
- Review existing technology architecture, identify design gaps, and recommend security enhancements.
- Participate in solution architecture design; lead security efforts assisting with the integration· and initial implementation· of solutions.
- Serve as information security subject matter expert, trusted advisor; provide advisory and consulting services as needed.
- Meet with project teams and other system architects to develop system designs and project plans that include the appropriate security controls and meet security standards.
- Bachelor’s degree·, preferred in Computer Science. Software development· background is a plus.
- Industry security designations preferred.
- 3 -5 years of industry· experience with a solid technical understanding and experience with current technologies utilized in the industry.
- Ability to meet established deadlines; must be a self-starter and can work independently as well as being a team player.
- Understanding of emerging technologies in IT such as a Cloud Platform and Mobile BYOD as well as the associated security risks.
- Ability to write· both technical and business· documents.
- Must have· a firm grasp of concepts and technology across all IT areas to be· able to spot· gaps and develop· appropriate· controls.
- Ability to multitask; team player with a focus on results and fostering a partnership with business units
- Must be· able to react quickly and efficiently to production· issues.
- Strong analytical and creative problem· solving skills.
- Strong facilitation skills and a clear ability to build strong relationships with business stakeholders at all levels, including senior managers and suppliers.
- Working knowledge· of common· information technology management· frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, OWASP, SANS, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST.
- Energy and a clear passion for the role·
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools, threat· modeling, identity management·, authentication, authorization·, cryptography is a plus.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.