Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for a Help Desk Technician – Tier I to join our team.
- Provide tier 1 technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all company computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions.
- In addition, will clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner and provide one-on-one end-user training as needed.
- Responsible for level 1 technical support for office-based employees in St Louis and virtual employees nationwide.
- Respond to support requests initiated through multiple channels of communication (i.e. phone, email, and in-person).
- Utilize the issue tracking software to effectively track, escalate, and resolve issues.
- Escalate unresolved issues to level 2 or 3.
- Support virtual employees utilizing remote-control tools.
- Perform As/400 tasks such as copying queries, when needed, setting up accounts, etc.
- Provide initial support/troubleshooting for hardware, software, proprietary internal applications, and networking.
- Provide support for Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) proprietary applications.
- Provide support for internal proprietary applications and third party products.
- Update Freedom, IMS, PeopleSoft, and Security Badge applications for user profile changes.
- Process monthly TPA reports.
- Participate in month end closings by opening and maintaining ticket with the appropriate documentation.
- Use the issue tracking software to effectively track, escalate, and resolve issues.
- Setup new user accounts in Exchange, modify accounts as needed in Active Directory.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to level 2 or 3 to maintain compliance with the current Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Work closely with other members of the Customer Support, Development and Network Operations teams.
- Develop and maintain customer support and operations documentation.
- Aid and backup support for Help Desk.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned.
- Develop and maintain relevant procedural documentation.
- Conduct one-on-one and/or group training sessions with end-users as needed.
- Participates in departmental 7 x 24 on-call rotation.
- Assist level 2 support when necessary.
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of hardware (desktops/laptops/peripherals) and network support.
Working knowledge of:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010, and office 2013.
- Desktop and Laptop hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.
- Mobile device service and support.
- Antiviral software and industry standard programs.
Familiarity with the following products, topologies, and protocols:
- Microsoft Active Directory domains.
- Networking (TCIP, DNS, DHCP).
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated individual.
- Must be a professionally minded individual, one who has ability to work unsupervised. responsible, dependable, accountable.
- Must be willing to work extra hours to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Must have the desire to work in a IS environment were tasks are varied and opportunities to learn are many.
- Must have strong communication and people skills.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.