Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Engineer 2, Test Automation to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2 you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
- We are looking for a talented individual who has experience in creating and maintaining automated and manual test scripts and data for webservices, executing automated and manual tests suites, and assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope to be covered by the automated testing suite.
- As an Engineer 2, Test Automation you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to test the quality of the services in an automated manner/environment.
- You will be responsible for designing, producing, executing, and maintaining automated test suites and test cases, as well as manual test suites for those tests that may not qualify for automation.
- You will participate in code reviews of automated test code and will debug this same code.
- You will also provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Developing professional expertise.
- Focusing on strategic and tactical activities.
- Participating on project teams.
- Developing strategies and working plans for team tasks.
- Working on large strategic, complex assignments.
- Preparing and delivering informal presentations to the team.
- Helping to create the development of standards, processes and procedures.
- Establishing and fostering one-on-one relationships within and outside the department.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience building and executing automated tests suites for webservices.
- 2+ years of experience building automation test scripts from scratch.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology (Waterfall, Agile preferred).
- Experience designing, producing, executing, and maintaining complex automated test plans and test cases based on requirements and specifications.
- Experience assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope of functionality to be covered by the automated testing suite.
- Experience maintaining documentation on automation modifications and updates.
- Experiencing performing manual testing.
- Experience identifying and implementing where task automation and process improvements can add value.
- Experience working closely with development and test teams to ensure the final code delivery meets product, quality and performance standards.
- Experience coordinating and/or conducting re-testing after defects are addressed and summarizing and publishing test results for internal customers.
- Experience maintaining established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality service.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Development background with Java, distributed systems, web based platforms, etc.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite to include: Jira, Zephyr, BitBucket (Git).
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.