Adaptive Solutions Group is a premier provider of information technology personnel. We provide a variety of technical professionals available for contract, contract to hire, or direct placement positions to companies in and around the St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas and Denver Area.
We are currently looking for an Engineer 2, Java to join our team.
- As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems.
- We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent their department on complex assignments.
- You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research, and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness.
- You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high-quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As a Software Engineer 2 you will be responsible for developing prototypes and performing complex application coding and programming.
- In this position, you will interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for off-the-shelf and/or custom-developed applications.
- You will also assist with continuous improvement of ETL processes, individual reports or reporting solutions, analysis of data and review of software requirements to determine the feasibility of a design within time and cost constraints.
- In addition, you will perform unit and integration testing and assists with developing unit test scripts. As a Software Engineer, 2 you will provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Will be on an On-Call Rotation after getting up to speed.
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience in Java-based software development.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience in full software development lifecycle and end-to-end testing.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows/Unix operating systems.
- Proficient with web services & service oriented architecture.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, JMockit, and EasyMock.
- Experience with Java open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, XML Beans, and Jakarta Commons.
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic and Tomcat.
- Experience with web service testing tools such as SOAP UI and Postman.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle database server.
- Professional communication skills including the ability to instruct others on the use of solutions.
- Must participate in rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high demand, and challenging environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Maven, Git and BitBucket.
- Experience with Bootstrap.
- Experience with Struts2.
- Experience with big data search and monitoring tools such as Splunk.
- Experience with CA Lisa automated testing solution.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence.
Adaptive Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Adaptive Solutions Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD/LTD, life insurance coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.